Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Caesar salad you've been dreaming of is right at your fingertips...


There's just something about taking a big bite of a really good Caesar salad that gets me every time.  Maybe it's the parmesan cheese.... perhaps the incredibly pungent yet lovable raw garlic?  I'm not sure, but all I can tell you is that this dressing is a staple in my kitchen.  If you've eaten at my house in the past year or two, chances are, you've tried it.  My darling husband calls this dressing "Man Caesar" because there's so much of a bite to it. Try it- you'll see!  It's really pretty easy to make, and will keep for a week or so.  I usually make a 4x batch, but you probably only need a 1x batch to feed 4-6 people for starter salads.  Make a 2x batch if the salads are main course.  You're going to be thanking me for sharing this one!  :)

Here we go:

Erin's House Caesar Dressing

1 Whole Egg
3 TB Fresh Lemon Juice
1 TB Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
1 TB Red Pepper Flakes
1 TB Dijon Mustard
2 Anchovy fillets, mashed (or 1 TB anchovy paste) **DO NOT OMIT**
1 C Oil (I use Canola)
1/2 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste

Whisk egg, lemon juice, garlic, worchestershire sauce, red pepper, mustard and anchovy.  Slowly drizzle oil and whisk to emulsify.  Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper. 

*Kitchen Tip*   Invest in some good-sized squeeze bottles that you can get at a kitchen supply store. Cut the tips so they are a little bit wider. They're only a couple of bucks, and it will keep your dressing fresh and make it much easier to use! 


2 comments:

  1. Erin, do you have a killer recipe for ranch dressing? I have made a few but they are never very good. I am looking for a GREAT one! Love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay! It didn't notify me that I had a comment!
    I do have one somewhere! I'll try to dig it out! I'll be posting a really nice Italian dressing soon!

    So glad you're enjoying the blog!
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete