Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanks to the awesome guys at One on One Bike Shop!!!!

How amazing is technology? This isn't a normal cooking blog post, but rather a shout-out to the fantastic people over at One on One Bike Shop!   Here's the story:

I apparently dropped my iphone in front of Rapit Print in Mpls this afternoon, where it was promptly run over.  Unbeknownst to me, a very sweet bicyclist "Dan P" picked it up, thinking, "my friend James at One on One can maybe fix this"..    They tried to figure out who the phone belonged to - and came across my blog post from today.  They posted this on their website for One on One: 

Just found Erin The Food Fairy phone. It was run over, but still kinda works. http://j.mp/dsAHax If u know her, get in touch.

Anyhow- they called my last call- Shannyn, who called my dear husband Eric, who then called James at the bike shop, and I turned around and headed back to pick up my ran-over but semi working phone.  As I walk in to the shop- they said "Oh- you're Erin the Food Fairy."  HA!

I rushed out of the bike shop because I was still so flustered from having lost/broken my phone, but I just came home to look at their website because I'm certain Eric and I will be back there. It looks like an amazing bike shop, and what do I see on their website-- but the twitter they posted when they found the phone.  I love technology!   

Sorry no recipe, but I wanted to pass on a reminder that there are so many great people out there in the world- that you may not have met yet. 

Dan is going to be the recipient of a Spiced Pumpkin Pie I'm going to bake him this weekend! I'll post my very secret and delicious recipe as well as a pic of the pie this coming weekend.  

 My thanks again to Dan, James and One on One Bike Shop !!!!!!!!!  Hooray for good people!

Oh- and shop here:
http://www.oneononebike.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment